Student Research Guide: American Immigrants
American Civil Liberties Union
K-12 TLC Guide to Human Rights/Civil Rights
K-12 TLC Guide to Immigration
Use the resources below to find out:
- Why people leave their homelands to immigrate to the United States.
- How immigrants arrive to the U.S. and where they settle.
- What challenges immigrants face in America.
- What prejudices immigrants must overcome in America.
- How the diverse heritage of its people makes America strong and unique.
- Why it is important that Americans accept immigrants and their diverse cultures.
If you find links that are either unsuitable or no longer current, please contact the TLC.
This guide last edited 07/29/2005
This guide last revised 07/29/2005
This guide created on request from Monique Coyle, Palmetto Elementary, FL: 07/29/2005